This haiku was inspired by a recent visit to a real life smuggler’s cave near the U.S.-Mexico border. It may not be on the official topological map, but it’s not much of a secret hideout anymore and a well worn path from the main trail leads you right to it! Haiku, photograph, and digital collage by me.
I’m also honored to be nominated for the Starlight Blogger Award by the blogger behind the fabulous blog “Silence Killed the Dinosaurs”! Thank you!! If you have not been over to her site, I do highly recommend a visit! How would I describe it? Well, I’d go with keywords: Dalek, Jane Austen with Spiders, demon-possessed bathroom drains, and so much more…intrigued? Click here!
The rules for the Starlight Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the giver and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the 3 questions given to you.
- Please pass the award on to 6 or more other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog. Please never alter the logo and never change the rules.
So, technically, I have to decline it – since I always change the rules of the awards I am given! But that won’t stop me from answering the questions from Silence Killed the Dinosaurs and recommending a few blogs that I think are well worth a visit!
Questions from SKTD:
- If you could wake up tomorrow anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Definitely right where I am – in my home here in SoCal with my partner and one-eyed cat (who thinks he is a human, right down to sleeping with his head on the pillow).
2. You are granted one wish, but it is a cursed wish and there is a 50% chance that it will go awfully wrong in some way. Do you make the wish, and if so, what do you wish for?
First of all, I would like to note that this is exactly the type of wish that would be granted to me. I have never had much luck with such things – I do not win drawings, or Powerball, or contests or un-cursed wishes. But fortunately, in my professional life, this is what I do: anticipate what will go wrong and find a work-around or solution or alternative when it does. So yes, I would definitely take the wish. What would I wish for? That, I’m going to need some more time to consider…
3. What’s your favourite joke? If you don’t have a favourite joke just tell a good one. Or a terrible one. Sometimes terrible jokes are better than good jokes.
What did the sushi say to the bee?
WASABI !!! (*say it out loud for the full effect!*)
My No-Strings-Attached “Nominees” – I’m going with a photography theme today –
- Hummings – gorgeous, mostly meditative photographs from around about Southern California. His blog is an oasis of calm in a noisy WordPress Reader.
- Dawn Michelle Photography – Dawn is my collaborator and life-long friend, but even if she weren’t, I’d be admiring her work and sending folks to check out her blog. For bonus points, see if you can spot me in a recent photograph she posted of the Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol, England.
- Salal Studio – Ms. Thomas captures the nature and landscape of Pender Island, B.C., Canada with such detail and richness that I did consider answering question #1 with “Pender Island”. If the Pender Island tourism board has not hired her, they should!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thank you again!